Wednesday, May 25, 2011

TREND ALERT - Flare/Bell Bottom

Shorts and skirts will always be a staple for summer, but what about pants this season? ^_^ I'm happy to see lots of inspiration in flare leg and bell bottom style jeans!

Go with a tight hip and loose legs and pair this with a chiffon top (I'm thinking polka dots) for a sweet retro girly look. Or go ethnic or hippy with a bright or print flow-y top, big turquoise jewelry, and boots.

Here are several pictures for inspiration! 2nd pic is my fav from EGG magazine, a really cool dark denim.









I LOVE LOVE LOVE flare leg or bell bottom pants for shorts gals - it elongates and slims. Even though light wash is in right now, a darker wash will increase the effect for your figure. Be careful if you're going to "high waist-ed" route, as this can make you look poochy in the lower tummy region.

What I'm seeing is going away from the damaged denim look and is leaning towards a crisp and clean denim. Hahaha... almost makes me want to iron my jeans (totally kidding, I swear)!


What do you think about about this trend in jeans? Will we be brave enough to wear and risk suffering the heat of pants in the summer-time? I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment